Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Christmas Carol?

I’d like to take this time to discuss, what I believe, is one of the most underrated Christmas movies of all time: Scrooged. Scrooged is not only one of my all time favorite Christmas movies, but it’s also one of my all time favorite Bill Murray movies, second only to Ghostbusters.

If you have never seen Scrooged, it is a dark yet hilarious remake of the Charles Dickens classic A Christmas Carol.

Murray breathes new life into the character by playing a greedy and callous TV exec who has forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. He is of course visited by the infamous 3 ghosts in an attempt to help him become reacquainted with the spirit of Christmas.

I strongly suggest you add this movie to your holiday rotation, especially if you are a fan of Bill Murray. This movie was one of his first that showed that he was as brilliant a dramatic actor as he is a comedian.

No comments: