Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Upside Down Christmas?

What is the deal with upside down Christmas trees? I’m sorry, but I just don’t get it. It throws off the whole aesthetic of the Christmas morning experience. The presents are all scattered underneath the tree (which is right side up), your eyes are slowly guided to the tree’s top, where the star resides. It’s the way Christmas is supposed to be! It’s enchanting! Upside down trees look too much like tornados.

These new hipster trees confuse and anger me! I’m a fairly modern individual in most regards. By the same token, I let people get away with a lot of stuff. How about this though? How about you don’t mess with Christmas? What was wrong with a good old fashioned regular Christmas tree? I don’t even particularly like artificial trees, but I can still deal with them.

Perhaps I’m being too judgmental here… I’m very set in my ways when it comes to Christmas. It is by far my favorite holiday. Who am I to question how you position your Christmas tree? You should purchase an upside down Christmas tree as you see fit. I apologize for getting all worked up. That’s not in the true spirit of Christmas. After all, Christmas is the one time of year where we can all come together to celebrate the same thing: the birth of Santa.

No comments: