Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Drinks

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season are the winter drink varieties at Starbucks. There are few things as warming on a cold winters day than a nice hot holiday beverage. This year there are 3 different varieties available: Gingerbread Latte, Espresso Truffle, and Peppermint Mocha Twist. Peppermint mocha's have been around for a few years now and I believe that the gingerbread latte was available last year. The only new edition to the line up is the espresso truffle.

I love peppermint mocha's and feel they are the best choice for a little holiday pick me up. Hot chocolate and peppermint; whats not to like? I recently tried the espresso truffle for the first time the other day, and while delicious, I suspect it kept me from getting a good nights sleep. I had one around 7 o'clock PM and didn't fall asleep until roughly 4am the next morning. Apparently you shouldn't have 2 shots of espresso that late in the evening. Who knew? Either way, I strongly suggest you give one a try, just make it a little earlier in the day.

No comments: