Friday, December 5, 2008

Egg Nog Cookie Recipe

I've touched upon the greatness that is egg nog in the posts of Christmas past. I've also mentioned how much I enjoy Christmas cookies. It seemed only fitting that I somehow combine the two into what can only be described as the personification of holiday cheer. I'm talking about egg nog cookies. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot.

They're easy to make, they're delicious, and they're a welcome change of pace from the same old ginger bread and sugar cookies that are shaped like socks. Here's what you will need:
  • 1 1/3 cups butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cups eggnog
  • 2 tsps dark rum
  • 4 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp salt
Combine the ingredients in the order listed above. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.

Drop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for about 10-12 minutes. After such time, press the center of the cookie. If your finger leaves no imprint, they are done. Make sure to keep an eye on them and don't let them burn. If you do, Santa will pass over your house on Christmas Eve and give all of your presents to that neighbor you don't like. You know the one I mean.

No comments: